Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tron Gear?

What is up with Top Gear in it's current series? In the first episode two weekends ago, nearly all segments were accompanied by the soundtrack to Tron: Legacy. The last episode, from last Sunday, was the same. The first segment used the Tron soundtrack throughout!


I loved Tron: Legacy, and it think Daft Punk did a fantastic job with the amazing soundtrack. The soundtrack is also a perfect match for Top Gear, for the sound, speed, noise, passion, colours... I knew TG would use the soundtrack after I heard it for the first time, but I couldn't imagine them over-using it to this degree!

There are still some good soundtracks out there... Let's not keep using the same thing over and over again! What made the Drive to Boatyard from the soundtrack of Layer Cake so special, wasn't because of Daniel Craig in the movie. No, it was because I link the song to that epic journey when Jezza drove the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, trying to beat the other two on a plane, train and bus to Switzerland (listen to it below and picture the scene).



Lets get a bit more diverse and creative, ok?


- Coming straight from my iPad

1 comment:

Marek said...

I totally agree with you. It's almost annoying as listening to over-used songs in mobile networks ads.